Traditionally, spring is the time of year to repair and clean your home after the long winter season. It’s also the right time to have an AC maintenance technician perform a pre-summer inspection of your cooling system. This will ensure it works properly when the humid, hot summer weather arrives.
According to Energy Star, AC maintenance should include the following:
- Checking the thermostat and all controls to ensure the timer works correctly, so that the system keeps your home comfortably cool when you’re there, while also saving money and energy when you’re not there.
- Lubricating all moving parts and tightening the electrical components. Lack of adequate lubrication and faulty electrical connections can reduce the life of the system.
- Checking that the condensate drain is working correctly. Not only can a blocked drain or pipe cause water damage, but it can also affect the humidity level in your home.
- Cleaning the air conditioning coils and the evaporator. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool, and force it to work longer and harder, leading to higher energy bills.
- Checking the refrigerant level. Too little or too much refrigerant affects efficiency – compromising system life and increasing energy costs.
- Changing/checking the filters.
- The AC maintenance technician will also make sure that the blower components are correctly adjusted.
At Ryals Brothers Inc. in Lakeland, FL, we can cater to all your heating and cooling needs. Our services include air conditioning installation, service, repair and maintenance. Our owner, Ken, checks every job to ensure excellent workmanship and customer satisfaction.