A furnace works hard to provide heat for your home. Take care of it, and you can extend its lifespan. You are the biggest factor in how long your furnace can last, so don’t let it down! Following these basic steps can help you avoid furnace repair and replacement, which can be costly.
- Have an annual inspection and maintenance completed at the start of the cooler seasons. Any issues can be resolved before they lead to something more serious.
- Have your home inspected for adequate insulation or possible leaking. If there are areas in your home that are leaking air, you’ll be paying higher utilities and causing the furnace more work than it really needs to be doing.
- Change the furnace’s filter, at least quarterly. Dust and hair can build up, which causes a reduction in airflow and increases the workload of the furnace.
- Avoid parts of your furnace rusting by maintaining the humidity in your home between 30 and 50 percent.
- Consider having a newer, programmable thermostat installed to improve efficiency and reduce the workload on your furnace when you’re sleeping or away from home.
At Ryals Brothers Inc., we can help you make the most of your furnace by providing the maintenance it needs. By keeping up with yearly maintenance we’ll be able to help you avoid more expensive furnace repairs or replacements. Furnace repairs should be completed as soon as an issue arises. In the event that there is a bigger problem, we offer you honest rates and work to provide the utmost customer satisfaction.